Bienvenido, Invitado
Por favor Entrar o Registrarse.    Contraseña olvidada?

Synthetic oil for high mileage car?
(1 viendo) (1) Invitado
Foro de coches: Resolución de cuestiones sobre la compra venta alquiler de coches, financiación, garantías y reclamaciones, seguros, problemas técnicos habituales.
AbajoPágina: 1
TEMA: Synthetic oil for high mileage car?
Synthetic oil for high mileage car? hace 5 Meses, 2 Semanas Karma: 0
HI,

My car is 8-years old and has about 165k km on the odometer. I got the car when it had about 100k km and I've been taking it to a local shop for oil changes ever since. (I bought a lifetime oil change card) I recently decided to start doing oil changes myself so I can choose the type of oil and filter to use (I believe the shop uses Pennzoil). I was reading an old "oil change" thread in the OpenForum and a lot of people recommend Mobil 1 Synthetic.
Synthetic oil appeals to me because the winters here can get pretty cold (typically between -15C to -30C). I have read synthetic oil performs very well in cold weather and and espcially good for cold starts. However, I have read that switching from conventional oil to synthetic oil in an older vehicle can cause problems (i.e., oil leaks). As far as I can detect, my car does not currently leak (or burn) any oil.My question is: Is it risky to switch from conventional engine oil to synthetic oil in a high-mileage car?

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:
arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=994454
Animated video production studio

Thanks!
davefollmers
davefollmers
graphgraph
graphgraph
Usuario Offline Presiona aquí para ver el perfil de este usuario
El administrador ha deshabilitado la escritura pública.

ArribaPágina: 1